Road closure and 24/7 works
A week-long closure of Coode Street subway will commence from 8pm next Thursday 20 July. During this time, the Coode Street subway will close to motorists, pedestrians and cyclists to complete essential works for the new Bayswater Station Project.
Details are below:
8pm Thursday 20 July to 5am Friday 28 July 2023.
Where: (see detour map attached)
- Coode Street subway closed from Railway Parade–Whatley Crescent
- path access across the rail is via the Leake Street underpass
- the elevated shared path from Leake–Hamilton streets remains open
- pedestrian access to Whatley Crescent–King William Street businesses remains
- Coode Street closed from Broun Avenue–Beaufort Street
- Coode Street local traffic only from Beaufort Street–Railway Parade
24/7 works will take place throughout the week to complete road and bridge works, and the school community may notice construction impacts such as noise, dust, vibration and light spillage as well as heavy vehicles, machinery and works accessing local roads and the construction site.
From 8pm Thursday 20 July, bus route 48 will no longer serve the Bayswater Town Centre and will deviate via Meltham Station. Please refer to the attached bus route network attachment as well as a copy of the timetable for bus route 44.
The southern platforms of the New Bayswater Station are still expected to open in September.
Also attached is a notice detailing the road closures in further detail.
I encourage all members of the school community to visit metronet.wa.gov.au for the latest project information.