Before and After School Supervision
- Gates are open from 8.00am. Students arriving between 8.00am and 8.15am need to sit outside the library on the benches. This is part of our Child Safe procedure.
- No students are to be on school grounds before 8.00am. If students are at school before this time, they must be booked in at the Out of School Hours Care program.
- Before School Supervision starts at 8.15am. Two areas will be supervised – the school oval and the undercover area. Please remember no ball games on the oval before school. On the upper playground, students can play handball and shoot baskets/nets.
- After school, students move to the three exit points: the Kiss and Drive pick-up area, the Milne Street gate and the administration gate.
- No students should be using the OSHC gate unless accompanied by an adult as this is a car park. Parents should not be using this car park as a drop off and pick up area, unless using OSHC.
- Two areas are supervised by staff after school, the Kiss and Drive (Roberts Street) and the Milne Street gate.
- Kiss and Drive works extremely efficiently when students are prompt in arriving from their classrooms. Please continue to encourage your children to move quickly to this area.
- Milne Street parking works well, however we continue to advise students to wait with the teacher inside the school gate until their parents arrive. This ensures high levels of student safety are maintained.
Tips for after school pick-up:
- Arrive around 3.10pm and traffic delays are alleviated to some degree.
- Traffic around schools during peak times before and after school are a natural part of the day. I wish to thank parents in advance for your patience and courtesy.
Parking around the school:
- Please be aware that the City of Bayswater Rangers are often patrolling the streets around the school during the peak times of drop off and end of the day pick-up. They are very understanding, but will issue tickets if parents do not abide by the signage.
- Please avoid parking across driveways of the neighbours.
- Please avoid parking in front of the gate on Roberts Street, near the Kiss and Drive.
Thank you for your continued understanding of the traffic situation during peak times. Your patience is something that allows for the safety of all our students to be maintained at high levels.