Thank you for your interest in applying to enrol your child at St Columba’s School, Bayswater.
St Columba’s School, Bayswater, established by the Sisters of Mercy in 1936, is a co-educational Catholic primary school that follows the guidelines and policies set down by the Catholic Education Commission of Western Australia. St Columba’s is a double stream school enrolling boys and girls from 3 Year Old Pre-Kindergarten to Year 6.
The Enrolment Policy of St Columba’s is based on the Catholic Education Commission principle of striving to make Catholic schooling available to children whose parents wish for them to be educated in an environment which has the Gospel, including its values, and a Catholic ethos as its basis.
If you are unsure which academic or fiscal year your child is eligible for, check out the School Age Calculator by CLICKING HERE.
Enrolments must comply with government entry age requirements.
Procedure for application
- Application forms must be submitted for all children seeking enrolment in St Columba’s School. These forms are available from the school office or the school website. The Enrolment Application form must be signed by both parents/guardians.
- A copy of each child’s Baptismal Certificate, Birth Certificate and Immunisation History Statement must be attached to the application form when it is submitted.
- A copy of Visa documents, passport documens or custodial documents when applicable.
- Kindergarten is the initial enrolling year for the school.
- For students to be eligible for Kindergarten they must turn four (4) before 30 June.
- It is understood that enrolment in Kindergarten guarantees enrolment for Pre-Primary to Year Six.
- For students to be eligible for Pre-Kindergarten they must turn three (3) before commencement.
- It is understood that enrolment in Pre-Kindergarten does NOT guarantee enrolment for Kindergarten.
- Applicants (Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten only) will be invited to attend an interview usually mid-March / April of the year preceding enrolment.
- In the event that an applicant is advised they will be placed on a waitlist, their position on the list will be maintained for 12 months. Written notification needs to be submitted annually in order to maintain the status of the application.
- The Application Fee of $55 (inc GST) is non-refundable and is no guarantee that the student will be enrolled at St Columba’s School, Bayswater.
- Interviews are required for all children prior to confirmation of enrolment at St Columba’s.
- Parents will be notified of interview times by letter or phone.
- We invite the student being enrolled into the school to attend the interview.
- Letter from the Principal offering placement asking families to accept or reject the offer.
- Parents/Caregivers are required to complete and sign the Saint Columba’s School Enrolment Agreement.
- A $200 deposit will need to be paid to secure the position offered. This amount will be deducted from the child’s fees the following term. This deposit is non-refundable should an application be withdrawn.
Placements will be offered according to the following selection criteria:
- Siblings of students already enrolled in the school.
- Catholic students from the Bayswater Parish with a Parish Priest reference.
- Catholic students from outside the Parish with a Parish Priest reference.
- Other Catholic students.
- Non-Catholic students from other Christian denominations.
- Other Non-Catholic students.
The Principal, in conjunction with the Parish Priest, has discretion for the enrolment of special cases.
No enrolment application is refused on the basis of financial hardship.
Parents are advised that enrolment at St Columba’s School does not guarantee automatic entry to Catholic Secondary Schools.
Health Care Cards
A discount scheme is available to parents with a current Health Care Card (HCC) or Pensioner Concession Card (PCC) with the code PPS (in the parent’s name). At the beginning of each school year, cardholders will be required to complete a form to confirm eligibility, and again on expiry of the current card. Forms are available from the office and no discount will be applied until we have received the relevant paperwork for the current year.
School Fees & Policy
You can find policies and procedures that relate to our school fees and Enrolment policy on the POLICIES page of our school website.
View School Fees 2024
Completion of a St Columba’s Enrolment Form and acceptance of the application by the school does not guarantee a place at the school, nor does it guarantee an enrolment interview. Enrolment at St Columba’s School is not a guarantee of enrolment in any other Catholic school. If a parent or guardian has knowingly withheld information relevant to the application/enrolment process, then the Principal reserves the right to refuse or terminate enrolment on that ground. Please refer to the “AGREEMENT” section of the St Columba’s School Enrolment Form, which must be accepted and signed.
Please complete a Student Enrolment Application Form by downloading the enrolment package.
Enrolment Application Package:
Please contact Lisa Slocum, Enrolments Officer, on 9208 2700 if you have any further enquiries.
Completed applications are to be submitted:
32 Roberts Street, Bayswater WA 6053
PO Box 61, Bayswater WA 6933