Welcome to Week 7 of the term. Yes, it is flying along.
Attached to this week’s newsletter is the School Community Report, along with the 2022 school fees. Please feel free to have a read at your leisure.
Below is an update on the many events taking place in the coming two weeks. It will be a busy time for everyone, so remember we all look to be gentle and care for the wellbeing of self and others. Our Year 6s and their families will be especially busy during this time.
YEAR 6 GRADUATION MASS
This upcoming Monday, 29 November, our Year 6 Graduation Mass will be held in the church. We very much look forward to a celebration of their time with us here at St Columba’s School. Mass commences at 6.00 pm. Thank you to our Year 5s for your attendance and to all our children in the choir.
YEAR 6 FINAL ASSEMBLY
Next Friday, 3 December, at 8.45 am, our Year 6 students will be presenting their final assembly. We will also farewell them at the end of the assembly.
END OF YEAR DANCE CELEBRATION
- Next Wednesday evening 1 December, commencing at 6.00 pm. The evening will be finished by 7.30 pm.
- We will commence with the Kindergarten and Pre-Primary students.
- Information has been coming home via Seesaw regarding the evening.
- There will be some chairs out for parent seating, however you may wish to bring your own fold up chairs to the evening, as we will not have enough chairs for everyone to be seated.
- It is a relaxed evening to celebrate the work our kids have done through the dance program this year.
END OF YEAR WHOLE SCHOOL MASS
- Our last whole school Mass, for PP to Year 6, will be held in the undercover area at 9.00 am next Thursday 2 December.
- This special occasion will include a dramatic presentation of the nativity by the Pre-Primary classes, the farewell to families leaving St Columba’s at the end of 2021 and the final farewell to our Year 6 students.
- Students leaving at the end of the year will receive a small cross for their family to remember their time at St Columba’s School.
- Parents are most welcome to attend the Mass.
CLASS LISTS 2022
- Class lists will be out on Monday 6 December. These will be placed outside classrooms at the end of the day. Students will get to see who their classroom teacher will be and who the students will be in their classrooms throughout the transition with their new teachers.
- We keep this low key with the children.
- Teachers and leadership spend much time in ensuring classes are allocated in the best interest of our children.
- We have 100% faith in our teachers and in the process we follow regarding allocation of classes. We know you trust us with your children.
- It is important to note that our teachers work very closely with each other.
- Enjoy the excitement that comes with a new school year.
- On Monday 6 December from 9.30 am -10.30 am we will be holding our transition hour.
- Students will meet their 2022 class teacher and be with their classmates for this hour of transition. It allows teachers and students to make connections before the start of the new school year.
- These lists will be out on Friday 3 December. These will come through your class Seesaw.
- All lists are now bulk orders. Teachers have sent bulk orders through to our school supplies provider, who will deliver all items to St Columba’s before the start of the school year.
- The fee will need to be paid directly to the supplier by Friday 21 January.
- Please follow all details on the forms which will come through Seesaw.
ST VINCENT DE PAUL CHRISTMAS HAMPERS
Information regarding our Vinnies Christmas Hamper drive has been sent home via seesaw . The day for collection has now been changed to Tuesday 7 December. We thank you for your support of families within our Bayswater area that will have their Christmas made so much brighter.
CHISHOLM COLLEGE CANTEEN
Chisholm College canteen will be available as normal throughout the last weeks of term (Wednesday, Thursday and Friday). Please note that as the year winds down and supplies run low, orders placed may not be filled with exactly what was ordered, however students will receive items of similar nature/price instead. Chisholm canteen will endeavor to fill orders as best they can. We apologise for any inconvenience.
- Enrolments for Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten 2023 are filling quickly. Please note interviews take place in Term 1 next year for 2023.
- Pre-Kindy 2023 – children born between 1 July 2019 and 30 June 2020.
- Kindergarten 2023 – children born between 1 July 2018 and 30 June 2019.
- If you have younger children in these age brackets and have not submitted an application, please ensure this is completed at your earliest convenience.
Wishing everyone a wonderful end of week. Please note the 2022 classroom teacher line-up will be out on Friday this week [tomorrow] on the school website. Look under the Parent Information tab, then News tab.
Take care and look after yourself. Good things your way.
Together we’re making a difference
At Pharmacy 777, your support makes a difference to your school.
We understand how much your school means to you, that’s why at Pharmacy 777, we’re passionate about making a difference. Our Community Spirit Program makes giving back to your school easier. As a Community Spirit member, for every transaction you make at Pharmacy 777 Bayswater and Maylands, they will give part proceeds back to the school. This contribution accumulates over time and funds raised support causes at the heart of your school. We would encourage all school community members to visit Pharmacy 777 Bayswater and Maylands and join up.
Happy Birthday to:
To the following students who will be celebrating this coming week:
Mia Yanez del Gesso KG
Isabella Goh 1G
Aisling Poulsen 2G
Keira Pollitt 3W
Charlotte Armstrong 4G
Pastoral Care Raffle
Here are the rosters:
Week 8 – 1 December
Week 9 – NO RAFFLE
Week 8 Thea O’Reilly
Week 8 Shevan Wickramanayake
|PP Green||Week 8 Zara Fantoni|
Week 8 Xander De Souza
|Year 1 Green|
|Year 1 White||NO RAFFLE|
|Year 2 Green||Week 8 Sebastian Strachan|
|Year 2 White|
Week 8 Stella Kent
|Year 3 Green|
|Year 3 White|
|Year 4 Green||NO RAFFLE|
|Year 4 White||NO RAFFLE|
|Year 5 Green||NO RAFFLE|
|Year 5 White||Week 8 Zara Callo|
|Year 6 Green|
|Year 6 White|
Raffle tickets are 20 cents each with a maximum of 3 tickets per child. Each child will be rostered once a year to bring a BOOK to the value of $5.
If there are any parents out there that love cooking and are able to help us with meals please contact Jeannie – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your continued support is greatly appreciated by our school community.
Pastoral Care Team.
We have been advised by Kapture Photography that all portraits and class groups, sports and/or special team photos taken this year are still available for purchase. Sports and or special group photos will not be available for viewing and purchase after this school year.
Please visit www.kapture.com.au using our school code; QH3THZ