This week’s Principal Post is on the link below. Just trying something a little different. Could even start a podcast maybe. Anyhow, let’s do this and see what happens. Totally trying to be what I say to the kids, think outside the box and sometimes we need to go beyond our comfort zone and take on our fears. Doing a video of my Post, well, why not take a risk. Enjoy or stop it after 30 seconds.
Welcome to Week 3 of the year! I know, I hear you, it is flying along. This week will be my first video Principal Post, but before we get to that link, I would like to welcome Janine Witherow to our St Columba’s School community. Janine is the new face in our administration. I know you will make Janine feel very much a part of who we are here.
Now for the video link. Hopefully it works. I will get better at keeping it to three minutes in the future, but it did blow out to 5 minutes. What a surprise! If you find a small break in your weekend, maybe it is something you will wish to view. A bit about how I am thinking at the minute. Enjoy!
Click HERE for video
KINDERGARTEN ENROLMENTS 2021
Just a friendly reminder to any St Columba’s School families that have child who was born between 1 July 2016 and 30 June 2017, enrolment applications are now due. We are filling up quickly for the 2021 school year. Interviews for 2021 will commence mid-March. Please see Lisa in administration if you have any question regarding enrolments.
- Parents will receive a text on a Tuesday morning of the week of the Merit Award Assembly, if their child will be receiving a merit award. These are also published in the newsletter on a Wednesday.
- Assemblies are noted on the Term Planner and Calendar. Assemblies are held on Friday mornings [generally fortnightly] in the undercover area from 8.45 am.
WELCOME BACK MOVIE NIGHT – Aladdin [P&F Event]
- Next Friday, 21 February, our P&F will be holding our welcoming picnic and movie night. This is always a wonderful evening for our families.
- Gates open at 6.30 pm, with the movie starting at 7.15 pm.
- Please bring a picnic dinner, BYO low seating, blankets, bean bags etc.
- Candy Bar and coffee van available.
- Entry Fee is a gold coin donation per person.
ASH WEDNESDAY MASS
- Wednesday 26 February at 9.00 am
- Start of Lenten Season in the lead up to Easter.
- A time of renewal and a time to reflect on what we stand for as people. We get to stop for a bit to live a life of abundance.
- Ash Wednesday reminds us of our humanity and that we are called to look at how Jesus lived his life. A life of abundant care for others, a life filled with acts of service and justice to all.
- This time of Lent enables us to seek a closer relationship to God by using this time to focus on others wellbeing and goodness.
- It is amazing what ‘gratefulness’ brings during this time.
PROFESSIONAL LEARNING DAY
- Friday 28 February 2020
- School staff engaged in professional learning
- High Impact Teaching Strategies
- Labour Day holiday Monday 2 March 2020
SCHOOL FESS 2020
The roll-out by CEWA of a new ‘Administration of Schools’ software package, means we have administered School Fees 2020 differently to previous years. Please note the following
- School fees have been sent to parents via email by the end of the week.
- These fees will be in a different format to previous years.
- Key change 1 – A new BPay reference number. If using BPay, please note this change and use the new number on your schedule.
- Key change 2 [Section 1 – Payment Option Advice Form]– Payment Authorisation form will offer 6 options for fee payment. Please tick the instalment option you have selected and tick the payment method.
- Key change 3 [Section 2 – Payment Agreement]– For direct debit on credit cards, please complete the credit card authorisation section.
- Key change 4 [Section 2 – Payment Agreement]– For debit cards [cheque and savings] please complete the direct debit authorisation.
- PLEASE NOTE – Existing Direct Debits already set up by families will be continued. You do not need to action or complete the payment Authorisation Form at this current time.
- Key change 5 – [Section 3 – Declaration]- Please sign the declaration, acknowledging that the account with St Columba’s School will be paid in full by 30 November 2020. Please note, there is a section that asks for parent commitment to contact Peta Santella in our administration [9208 2705] if at any stage you need support in school fee payments.
- Key change 6 – The Payment Authorisation Form must be completed by 28 February 2020. You can return either hard copy to the office or return via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pre-Kindy Parents – A letter has been sent home explaining your structure for fee payments in 2020.
Any payments paid after 31 January 2020 will NOT show on your statement but will be processed to your account accordingly.
Thank you for your continued support with the payments of school fees in 2020
Wishing you a wonderful week filled with an abundance of goodness. Look after yourself and hopefully you find time to do something that is good for your soul.
Kindness and care your way!
Outdoor Movie Night
The P&F invite all families to join us at the outdoor movie night to welcome everyone to another fabulous year at St Columba’s. Aladdin will be screened this Friday on the school oval, gates open at 6.30pm with the movie starting at 7.15pm. . Please bring along a picnic, low back seating, picnic rugs, beanbags and cushions. We kindly request no glass and that all children are supervised by their parents. There will be no staff providing supervision on the night.
Entry will be through the staff carpark gate and all other gates will be locked. There will be no access to other parts of the school.
Gold coin donation per person at the gate.
We have hired a coffee van to provide hot beverages and the canteen will be open and will be selling the following items:
If you are able to volunteer an hour to help out at the canteen please email me email@example.com
Raffle tickets are now available and are 50c each, they are for sale every morning this week before school and will be drawn on the night.
We look forward to seeing you all there!
The Entertainment book is now available. The early bird promotion runs from February 8th to February 28th and includes the following:
- Early Bird Bonus offers:
- Spend & Save:
- The ICONIC – Save $20 when you spend $99
- Endota – Save $25 when you spend $100 on skincare products
- Rebel – Bonus $20 eGift Card when you buy a $100 eGift Card
- Extra Membership months:
- Up to 4 months extra when purchased in February (ends June 2021)
- (Note: will continue as up to 3 months in March and up to 2 months in April)
- Gift With Purchase
- Multi City & Multi Plus Memberships get a $20 WISH eGift Card
- Spend & Save:
Please note that the Entertainment book will no longer be printing hardcopies and will only supply digital versions.
Please use the following link to make a purchase http://www.entertainment.com.au/orderbooks/83589g
Don’t forget to mention that you are a St Columba’s family if you are shopping at the Maylands or Bayswater 777 Pharmacy. 10% of all retail sales goes towards the P&F.
Happy Birthday to:
To all students and staff who will be celebrating their birthday over the coming week and:
Tristan Goh KW
Xavier Balm PPG
Jude Allison PPW
Luca Scagnetti 1W
Emily Salt 3G
Class rosters will be posted outside classrooms this week as well as in the weekly Newsletter.
Raffle tickets are 20 cents each with a maximum of 3 tickets per child.
Each child will be rostered once a year to bring a prize to the value of $5.
Your continued support is greatly appreciated by our school community.
Pastoral Care Team.
Week 4 Spencer Landis
Week 5 Mackenzie Strachan
Week 4 Brooklyn Hamilton
Week 5 Riley Wilkey
|PP Green||Week 4 Davern Laffrey|
Week 5 Savannah Ceric
Week 4 Alexander Lilleyman
Week 5 Cherubim Vu
|Year 1 Green|
Week 4 Hunter Sardelich
Week 5 Aaliyah Brandis
|Year 1 White||Week 4 Agnes Preedy|
Week 5 Michael Baldwin
|Year 2 Green||Week 4 Gabriel Panizza|
Week 5 Hannah Gai
|Year 2 White|
Week 4 Zoe Juszkiewicz
Week 5 Blake Kenyon
|Year 3 Green|
Week 4 Amelia Dorozenko
Week 5 Evan Nguyen
|Year 3 White|
Week 4 Xavier Miller
Week 5 Charlotte Armstrong
|Year 4 Green||Week 4 Chloe Byatt|
Week 5 Brielle Donovan
|Year 4 White||Week 4 Hannah Mutsaers|
Week 5 Aoife Rattray
|Year 5 Green||Week 4 Amelia Bekker|
Week 5 Taj O’Shea
|Year 5 White||Week 4 Thomas Wright|
Week 5 Heidi Meyers
|Year 6 Green|
Week 4 Brody Clark
Week 5 Saskia O’Neill
|Year 6 White|
Week 4 Max Wittkowsky
Week 5 Imogen Biddle
Term 1, Week 2
PP Green – Grace Howard. William Parks
PP White – Sera McDougall, Frankie Taii
1 Green – Alfie Allison, Havarna Bova
1 White – Sofia Jaramillo Restrepo, Spencer Southam
2 Green – Alexi Brammer, Hendrik English
2 White – Blake Kenyon, Maya Thompson Mewburn
3 Green – Edward Armstrong
3 White – Dylan Sardelich, Noah Thomas
4 Green – Jack Katich, Ella Thistle
4 White – Joshua Hartstonge, Rhylan O’Shea
5 Green – Orlando Lindsay, Thomas McDougall
5 White – Isabella Fernandez, Rhys Nillsen
6 Green – Libby Byrne, Chloe Murnane
6 White – Christian Campbell, Scarlett Francis
Term 1, Week 3
PP Green – Eve Hamilton, Shaan Tah
PP White – Elizabeth Kennewell, Luke Magee
1 Green – Miranda Ahn, Sebastian Strachan
1 White – Michael Baldwin, Emma Silverman
2 Green – Lachlan Cornwall, Maggie Ma
2 White – Arnav Bajaj, Harry Lange
3 Green – Amelia Dorozenko, Fergal Mippy
3 White – Xavier Brandis, Zander Smith
4 Green – Ava Fragomeni, Charlotte Smith
4 White – Ava Moretta, Lauren Pincus
5 Green – Mikaela Bentley, Sofia Lawes
5 White – Hannah Kemp, Owen Peters
6 Green – Malachi Donovan, Ella Mutsaers
6 White – Reilly Dudley, Lily May
Early in 2020, Mercedes College will commence interviewing Year 4 & Year 5 students who are due to start Year 7 in 2022 & 2023 respectively. If you are considering enrolling your daughter and have not yet requested a Prospectus, please contact Mrs Julie Lamb on 9323 1340 as soon as possible.
Enquiries are also welcome for places in Year 7 for 2020 and 2021. For more information please refer to the College website, www.mercedes.wa.edu.au.